You’ll have noticed the hoardings going up around von Haast in preparation for demolition.
This is scheduled to begin late November once exams are completed. Work will commence initially at the northern end, and a week later, also from the southern end.
The contractors will work from 7.00am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday and from 7.00am to 4.00pm on Saturdays.
As demolition proceeds, dust will be managed on site with water as required, however it is unavoidable that some noise and vibration will be felt by those in the immediate area.
Extra truck movements will be restricted to the SBS car park and Forestry Road out to Creyke Road, with no impacts expected on the wider campus.
During the first phase of demolition (late Nov – Dec) a temporary diversion of the north/south accessway through the Engineering Core will be required. Signage will be in place to indicate the detour.
The demolition is expected to be completed by mid February when the hoardings will be reconfigured in preparation for construction of the new building.
Construction work on a new sub-station is under way near the Health Centre/UCSA site. The sub-station will service buildings in the area.
Temporary fencing is in place around the work site. Two car parks will be unavailable during the work to allow construction vehicle access.
Please follow any detours and signage in place around the work area. Take care when travelling through the area and look out for others.
Kia mataara. Think first.
It’s an exciting time to be at UC as we’ve got a few building projects on the go that will provide you with modern learning spaces and some of the latest technology.
While these buildings are still construction sites, please take care when you’re near them.
- Watch out for trucks and other construction vehicles coming and going – especially when you’re near a site entrance.
- Follow any detours in place near building sites, and if traffic management staff are present follow their instructions.
- Whether you’re walking, biking, skateboarding or driving near a construction site on campus, slow down and look out for others.
Kia mataara. He wāhi whakatū whare tēnei.
Take care around construction sites on campus. Think first.
Be in to win…
…a Think first reusable coffee cup and a $10 voucher for UCSA food outlets.
Simply tell us two building projects that are currently under construction on campus – hint, go to www.canterbury.ac.nz/capitalworks/ and look under the ‘Current Projects’ section.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your answers by 5pm, Friday 22 September. Use the subject line ‘Think first competition’.
Two winners will be drawn randomly on Monday 25 September. Keep an eye on the Insider’s Guide to find out if it’s you.
Competition T & Cs
- Entering the competition is deemed to be an acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The competition runs from the time this blog is published on the Insider’s Guide to UC blog until 5pm, 22 September 2017.
- Entry is open to any current UC student. A valid student ID will be required to claim your prize.
- Two random winners will be drawn on Monday 25 September 2017. Answers given on the entry must be correct or there will be a redraw.
- The names of the winners will be published on the Insider’s Guide blog and may be published again in the Insider’s Guide newsletter. Winners will also be contacted directly by email.
- Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.