This recipe is short and sweet! It’s a great one for a quick pick-me-up in the morning, or even as a healthy, yet still delicious dessert. It’s quick to make and requires minimal ingredients!
- 2 cups milk (could use almond, or soy milk instead)
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 2 apples chopped up
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Blend it all up and you’ve got apple pie in a glass!
Note: You can also make this recipe into popsicles by using Greek yoghurt instead of milk (and taking out the oats).
Comment on this post if you try either of these recipes and let me know how you find them!
Lets set the scene…. You are craving dessert. But when you search the cupboards you come up empty handed. UGH. You start to despair. Can you really be bothered to go and buy something? You can’t even be bothered to make something…
How about a dessert that requires minimal ingredients, time and effort. The perfect student dessert awaits you – the chocolate mug brownie!
Brownie in a mug
Prep time: 3 Minutes!
Cook time: 1 minute and 30 seconds. Adjust this timing as neccessary
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp cocoa (unsweetened)
Pinch of salt
Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp canola/vegetable oil
1-2 drops vanilla essence
- Place flour, sugar, cocoa, salt and cinnamon in a microwave safe ceramic mug. Stir and make sure its not too lumpy!
- Add oil, water and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Place in microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. You may need to adjust the time for your microwave. Start with 1 minute if you don’t know how powerful your microwave is!
- When its cooked through it should be moist and not too dry.
- Let it cool and serve with icecream or whipped cream!