It’s summer and for those of you trying your hand at cooking, you could try these recipes.
Pan-fried chicken with spinach & cheese
Ingredients: chicken breast, spinach, cheese, salt, pepper and lemon
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste
2. Make a slit in the chicken to create a pouch
3. Fill it with cheese and spinach
4. Cook the chicken evenly on both sides on a high heat pan
5. Drizzle some lemon juice
There you go, you have a healthy and tasty meal in just 5 simple steps.
For dessert, here’s a simpler recipe…
Ingredients: Ready made croissants, a bar of your favourite chocolate
1. Slice a croissant in half
2. Break some chocolate off the bar and crush it into small chunks
3. Put the chocolate chunks into the croissant and place it into an oven for 3 minutes
The chocolate melts and you have yourself the quickest, most inexpensive and rather tasty dessert in no time!
Lets set the scene…. You are craving dessert. But when you search the cupboards you come up empty handed. UGH. You start to despair. Can you really be bothered to go and buy something? You can’t even be bothered to make something…
How about a dessert that requires minimal ingredients, time and effort. The perfect student dessert awaits you – the chocolate mug brownie!
Brownie in a mug
Prep time: 3 Minutes!
Cook time: 1 minute and 30 seconds. Adjust this timing as neccessary
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp cocoa (unsweetened)
Pinch of salt
Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp canola/vegetable oil
1-2 drops vanilla essence
- Place flour, sugar, cocoa, salt and cinnamon in a microwave safe ceramic mug. Stir and make sure its not too lumpy!
- Add oil, water and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Place in microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. You may need to adjust the time for your microwave. Start with 1 minute if you don’t know how powerful your microwave is!
- When its cooked through it should be moist and not too dry.
- Let it cool and serve with icecream or whipped cream!