From today, Monday 9 January 2017, the one-way system on University Drive (heading east towards Clyde Road) will be in place along the whole length of University Drive.
- Access to University Drive will be from Ilam Road only. There will continue to be no entry to University Drive from Clyde Road. Exit from University Drive will be via Clyde Road only.
- Access to the Okeover, ICT, Law and Clyde car parks will be via Ilam Road only. When exiting the car parks, left turn only towards Clyde Road.
- Pedestrians should follow the signed detour routes.
- Cyclists can use Arts Road or Kirkwood Ave, or follow the signed detour route as well. Do not enter University Drive from Clyde Road and cycle into oncoming traffic.
Please take extra care when travelling through the area – slow down, follow onsite signage and look out for others.
The work on University Drive is expected to be completed in early February. More information about the Uni-Cycle route is available on the Christchurch City Council website.
Please note the timeframe for completing Uni-Cycle work on Ilam fields has changed.
Work is currently being carried out on the existing path on the north side of Ilam Fields.
This work was scheduled to finish before Christmas, however due to unexpected delays with the contractor, the new expected completion date is early February.
Find out more about the Uni-Cycle on the Christchurch City Council website.
Many of you will have seen construction work is progressing on the Uni-Cycle Major Cycleway route along University Drive. The next stage of work is due to start tomorrow (15 December) and will see the current one-way system in place on University Drive extended.
- When extended the one-way system on University Drive, heading east towards Clyde Road, will be in place between the Health Centre pedestrian bridge (opposite the ICT car park) and Clyde Road. (See image below)
- A 20km/h speed limit will be in place through the one-way section for the duration of the works.
- There will continue to be no entry from Clyde Road onto University Drive.
- Two way traffic will remain on University Drive between Ilam Road and the Health Centre pedestrian bridge/ICT car park.
Car park access
- Vehicles coming from Clyde Road should continue to access the Clyde Car Park via Arts Road. Vehicles exiting the Clyde Car Park onto University Drive will not be able to turn right (towards Ilam Road) – left turn only towards Clyde Road.
- Access to the Law Car Park will be via Ilam Road and the west entrance/exit (near the Music building) only. The east entrance/exit (closest to Clyde Road) will be closed. Vehicles exiting the Law Car Park will not be able to turn right (towards Ilam Road) – left turn only towards Clyde Road.
- The footpath on the southern side of University Drive between the Health Centre bridge and Clyde Road will be closed.
- Please walk through campus via the signed detour route (see image below) or via Kirkwood Ave when heading east or west between Ilam and Clyde roads.
- Access across all three pedestrian bridges (UCSA, Health Centre and Recreation Centre) will remain open.
- There is no access to University Drive from Clyde Road. Please use Arts Road or Kirkwood Ave instead, or follow the pedestrian detour.
- When heading east (towards Clyde Road), cyclists can use the one-way system in place along University Drive.
- Cyclists travelling between Ilam and Clyde roads (in either direction) can use Arts Road or Kirkwood Ave, or detour through campus.
Please take care when travelling through these areas – slow down, follow onsite signage and look out for others.
These changes are expected to be in place until early February when the project is completed, and the next stage of work on University Drive is expected to start on 9 January. Further information will be provided before the next stage starts – keep an eye out for further updates on Insider’s.
More information about the Uni-Cycle route is available on the Christchurch City Council website.
*Note – this update replaces a previous Uni-Cycle update posted on 9 December.