C-Prize is a competition run by Callaghan Innovation that seeks to push the boundaries of what’s possible through technology. This year they’re looking for teams with world-leading innovative solutions to environmental problems, and we would like to encourage our international students to be involved.
There is an information evening tonight in which you’ll hear from leading Aotearoa New Zealand environmental innovators and learn more about the challenge. You’ll also have the chance to network with other forward-thinking founders and entrepreneurs, scientists and engineers from New Zealand’s innovation ecosystem.
When: 22 October – 5.30pm – 7.30pm
Where: Te Ōhaka – Centre for Growth & Innovation
The 2019 challenge is looking for innovative tech-based solutions that can positively impact:
- Climate change – Slowing or reversing negative human impacts on climate
- Fresh clean water – Cleaning up our waterways
- Resource use – Smarter ways to use and preserve our planet’s finite resources
There are three entry categories for this year’s C-Prize:
- Growing and Producing: How we grow and/or manufacture new or existing products and services in innovative ways (new materials, new processes, new systems, etc.) that will accelerate positive environmental outcomes
- Using and Consuming: How we consume products in ways that preserve resources (reuse, recycle, reclaim, etc.) and reduce negative environmental impacts
- Rejuvenating Natural Systems: The creation or innovative use of technologies that will not just reduce negative environmental impacts, but improve our natural environment (land, climate, soil, water, and nutrient systems)
For further information, visit the Callaghan Innovation website>