Work is now well under way on the UCSA building site. Here’s what’s happening over the next few weeks.
- Ground beams and foundations – excavation work is progressing.
- Trenching work and drilling bores has started at the Ilam Road end of the site.
- There will be some noise as a result of this work, and a small number of concrete trucks coming and going from site.
- Concrete pours – the slab will be poured section by section. There will be one or two trucks coming and going from site at any one time.
- Construction and assembly of Precast Panels on-site.
- Structural steel work due to start.
- Bore drilling at the Health Centre end of the site is also expected to start after exams.
Study break and exams
Noise levels are expected to be low over the study break and exam period, however this will be monitored. If you have any concerns please contact David Wong, Project Manager Capital Works – email@example.com
Please take care when walking, cycling, skateboarding or driving near the UCSA building site. Watch for construction vehicles and look out for others.
Construction work on a new sub-station is under way near the Health Centre/UCSA site. The sub-station will service buildings in the area.
Temporary fencing is in place around the work site. Two car parks will be unavailable during the work to allow construction vehicle access.
Please follow any detours and signage in place around the work area. Take care when travelling through the area and look out for others.
Kia mataara. Think first.
Early enabling works and ground improvements are continuing on the UCSA building site.
During April and May a large excavator will be carrying out earthworks and stabilising the ground. Large machinery will also be on site compacting gravel.
Noise levels are likely to increase – as well as general construction noise, there will be heavy compaction of gravel and truck movements.
Please take care when travelling near the site – watch for construction vehicles coming and going.
Note – The footbridge located between the UCSA site and University Drive (opposite the University Bookshop) will remain closed until the end of May. Please continue to use the two footbridges located between the Health Centre and University Drive (opposite the ICT car park). See more information
All early enabling works and ground improvements are expected to be completed by June.
If you have any concerns please contact David Wong, UCSA Project Manager – email firstname.lastname@example.org