Following government direction provided in this afternoon’s COVID-19 announcement, we can confirm all UC exams will continue as planned.
We understand this is a highly stressful time of year, and learning ways to cope with stress is vital for your success. Read more here>
If you’re unwell on the day of your exam you can apply for special consideration. Find more information on this process, here>
It is reasonable to expect cases of COVID-19 to appear in and around New Zealand for some time, so it’s important to continue following our shared advice and guidelines without exception:
- Stay at home if you feel unwell. This is the best thing you can do to stop any future spread of COVID-19. If you feel sick, protect your mates and the UC Community by staying at home, and if you have cold or flu symptoms please call your GP or Healthline (0800 358 5453).
- Location tracking is still important in Alert Level 1. So when you’re on campus, please keep note of where you’ve been or use the government’s app to scan QR codes. UC is also keeping records of who is in the examination rooms.
- Focus on good hygiene by washing your hands, sneezing or coughing into your elbow and remaining vigilant with cleaning.
- Remember that COVID-19 does not discriminate. Please be compassionate and kind, we are all in this together.
Health and wellbeing
- All student care teams are available visit https://www.canterbury.ac.nz/support/health/
- Please call the Health Centre prior to make an appointment. In Alert Level 1 the Health Centre are still not taking walk-in appointments.
We’ll keep you up to date as more information becomes available. For further details, visit UC’s COVID webpage.