Check out what events are happening on campus this week!
- The Local Exchange: Bring some along to trade with The Local Exchange, and be prepared to barter! 11-2pm in the Undercroft. Intrigued???… check it out!
- Film Screening FEMSOC: ‘But I’m A Cheerleader Now’- a satirical rom com. Go along to Kirkwood KH08, at 5.10pm.
- COMPSoc BBQ #2: 1pm at 29 Wilfred St. Free food, and free drinks- what’s not to love? Free entry for members, $5 door sales for non-members.
- Law Stein– 8pm Harringtons Riccarton.
- GC and CUBA present…FULL MOON PARTY: 8pm, tickets online at $15. Neon and UV colour galore, groovy tunes, and band Just A Gent.
This week is UC Diversity Week (16th-21st) so there are loads of different events going on for that! A lot of the events are also presented/provided for by clubs on campus, which is pretty awesome! You can check out the full line-up here, as only a few of the many events will be listed on this week’s ‘What’s the haps?!”.
- Open mic forum (presented for FEMSOC): As part of Diversity Week FEMSOC will be providing a forum in which you can hear from a number of speakers from campus and the wider community about modern gender issues. 1-2pm in the Undercroft.
- A night with Mojo Mathers (presented by DESOC): 5.30-7pm in The Living Room. Mojo Mathers, NZ’s first deaf MP will talk on issues surrounding diversity and the rights of people with disabilities.
- UC SciFi Quiz Night: 6.45pm at The Foundry test your sci-fi and fantasy know-how, and well as general knowledge! $5.00 for members, $7.00 for non-members.
- Accessibility Amazing Race: Experience the world as other students may have to do either in a wheelchair, through vision impaired glasses or with crutches. Compete in a group of 5 students and race around campus to be in to win some cool prizes! 10.30-12pm, C Block Lawn.
- St Patrick’s Day Party: A celebration as part of Diversity Week from 9-11pm at The Foundry! Djs will be on till late!
- World Market: At lunchtime (11.30-1.30pm) don’t miss out on the delicious international options available on C Block Lawn. Don’t forget CASH! There will also be cultural performances from clubs and the wider community.
- EFSOC (Economics, and Finance) Quiz Night: 6.30pm at Bentley’s bar, $2 entry.