After two years’ of construction, the new student building Haere-roa was officially opened on Friday 2 August. The big red ribbon was cut by representatives from UCSA’s past student executive team.
It’s been a long journey to this point, and the UCSA would like to thank students for supporting the project along the way!
If you haven’t already visited Haere-roa, come on by. We host a lot of events, and the building has some amazing facilities here for you, including:
- A student social space with a heat-and-eat station
- The Foundry bar (open 8.30am til late, Monday to Friday)
- Club facilities (including a meeting room and printer)
- An outdoor amphitheatre (amazing when you need to get some sun and chill out).
- Event spaces like Ngaio Marsh Theatre.
For more info about Haere-roa, visit the Haere-roa Facebook page or our website.
The Haere-roa Community Open Day is on 3 August, and the UCSA would love to have you over. It’s the perfect opportunity for you to show your mates, or your mum and dad, around your new hang-out.
On the day:
- Look through Haere-roa’s social and event spaces, including its outdoor amphitheatre.
- Explore the Ngaio Marsh Theatre.
- Grab a coffee from UC mainstay the Foundry.
There’s no need to register, just come along on the day.
Date: Saturday 3 August
Location: Haere-roa, 90 Ilam Road
To learn more about Haere-roa, see the UCSA website. You can also visit our Facebook event page.
This week Elric, UCSA’s Commerce Rep, takes a look around Haere-roa’s impressive bar Bentley’s Lounge.