The UC Health Centre is open and there to support you. They’re operating differently to take all the essential steps to protect their patients and staff.
Here are some points to keep in mind when visiting them on campus:
- The pathway outside the UC Health Centre is under restricted access – only for use by patients who have pre-arranged appointments at the clinic.
- You can only visit the UC Health Centre if you’ve phoned ahead and arranged an appointment. Staff will be on the other end of the phone ready to help book you in and point you in the right direction. Booking details are on the UC website>
- Flu vaccines are available, please book your appointment over the phone in advance. More information>
For more on what to expect when you visit the UC Health Centre, watch here:
The UC Health Centre is still there to support you. The team are taking all the essential steps to protect their patients and staff.
Watch this video to find out what to expect when you visit, as we unite against COVID-19.
For more information on UC Health Centre services, including flu vaccines, visit the UC website>
Are you living in a Halls of Residence? Meningitis ACWY (Menactra) vaccine is fully funded for New Zealand residents up to the age of 25 entering Halls of Residence (not limited to 1st year students – also available until 1 November 2020 for NZ Domestic Students already in a Halls of Residence).
Many Halls residents will have already had their meningococcal vaccines from the GP prior to coming to UC.
2 vaccines are available – we strongly recommend both vaccines to provide optimal protection for all strains:
- ACWY (Menactra) – fully funded for NZ Domestic students (see above for eligiblity)
- ‘B” (Bexsero) – unfunded, 2 vaccines required one month apart. Cost: $120 each.
If you wish to have the vaccine(s) or if you have any general queries:
- For students enrolled at UC Health Centre – ring 369 4444 to speak with a Nurse and she will then book you an appointment (you may be put on a phone-back list during peak times)
- For students enrolled elsewhere – ring your regular GP practice
- HealthLine – phone 0800 611 116
- Further information regarding meningococcal disease and vaccines visit: https://www.immune.org.nz/resources/written-resources