From today, Monday 9 January 2017, the one-way system on University Drive (heading east towards Clyde Road) will be in place along the whole length of University Drive.
- Access to University Drive will be from Ilam Road only. There will continue to be no entry to University Drive from Clyde Road. Exit from University Drive will be via Clyde Road only.
- Access to the Okeover, ICT, Law and Clyde car parks will be via Ilam Road only. When exiting the car parks, left turn only towards Clyde Road.
- Pedestrians should follow the signed detour routes.
- Cyclists can use Arts Road or Kirkwood Ave, or follow the signed detour route as well. Do not enter University Drive from Clyde Road and cycle into oncoming traffic.
Please take extra care when travelling through the area – slow down, follow onsite signage and look out for others.
The work on University Drive is expected to be completed in early February. More information about the Uni-Cycle route is available on the Christchurch City Council website.
Please note the timeframe for completing Uni-Cycle work on Ilam fields has changed.
Work is currently being carried out on the existing path on the north side of Ilam Fields.
This work was scheduled to finish before Christmas, however due to unexpected delays with the contractor, the new expected completion date is early February.
Find out more about the Uni-Cycle on the Christchurch City Council website.
Contractors will start construction work on the Uni-Cycle route on Monday 21 November.
The Uni-Cycle route, which connects UC to the central city, will run along University Drive, Ilam Road and across Ilam Fields to Dovedale Ave.
Two crews will be working – one on University Drive and the second on Ilam Fields.
Work will be carried out in three stages along University Drive starting from the Clyde Road end and moving towards Ilam Road.
During each stage a one-way system heading east (towards Clyde Road) will be in place in the area of work.
Stage one: 21 November – 21 December
- Work will be carried out on University Drive between the entrance to Clyde (Arts) Car Park and Clyde Road.
- A one-way system heading east (towards Clyde Road) will be in place on University Drive in the work area.
- There will be no entry from Clyde Road onto University Drive.
- Vehicles coming from Clyde Road should access the Clyde Car Park via Arts Road.
- Vehicles exiting the Clyde Car Park onto University Drive will not be able to turn right (towards Ilam Road). Left turn only.
- Two way traffic will remain on University Drive between Ilam Road and the east entrance to the Law Car Park.
- The footpath will be closed on the south side of University Drive in the work area. Pedestrians will be detoured via the footpath that heads towards the Clyde Car Park.
Further information for stages two and three will be provided before each starts.
The existing path on the north side of Ilam Fields will be widened in sections. Pedestrians and cyclists using the path should follow any detours in place.
The work on Ilam Fields is expected to be completed by Christmas, and all work along University Drive is expected to be completed by early February 2017.
Please take care when travelling through these areas – slow down, follow onsite signage and look out for others.