We’re looking for the next UC student rep to sit on the University and Tertiary Sport New Zealand Student Athlete Commission. This is the perfect opportunity to become recognised as a student leader in NZ sport, and ideal for networking with other student leaders and sport administrators across NZ.
What does the UTSNZ Student Athlete Commission do?
The role of the commission is to advise the UTNSZ board around student sport participation, and be a vehicle for student voice within sport.
Who will I be working with?
Each NZ university has a student rep on the commission, and the group works closely with UTSNZ staff members, and UC Rec & Sport.
What would I be required to do?
Commission members are required to:
- Meet as a group at least four times a year via teleconference, web conference or in person at UTSNZ events
- bring student-athlete issues and opportunities to the Student Athlete Commission on behalf of their University
- Assist UTSNZ to canvass student-athlete views and implement projects as applicable
- Relay and provide information about UTSNZ to their networks
- Champion UTSNZ and its activities/events within their member organisations and communities
Want to know more, or keen to put your hand up?
Get in touch with Gary Gin, Sport Coordinator at UC Rec & Sport – email@example.com