I made this recipe for lunch the other day and it was delish! Plus it was super quick to make.
Makes 12 fritters
- 1 leek washed and thinly sliced
- 1 x 400g can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 eggs lightly whisked
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Place leek in a bowl and cover with bowling water. Set aside for 1-2 minutes until soft, and then drain
- Mash chickpeas in a bowl
- Add the softened leek, as well as eggs, flour and parsley. Season to taste
- Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Place 1/4 cups of batter around the pan to create the fritters. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden underneath. Then flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Tip: serve with tzatziki, or greek yogurt if you wish, and sprinkle with some more parsley