This summer is your opportunity to enjoy the great outdoors, hang out with friends and family, and bathe in the sun! Here’s 5 insider’s guide tips for summer fun…
1. New years: whether it’s a getaway with some friends, a concert, or just a chill night with the fam, make it a night to remember! If you don’t have plans there is always a FREE New Year’s Eve event in Hagley Park which I’ve heard really kicks off once the Irish music starts!
2. Head into town and explore the botanical gardens: chill out in the sun on Lazy Sundays listening to the sounds of local performers, or take a stroll through the rose gardens. Kayaking along the Avon is also an inexpensive and fun activity on a hot day!
3. Summer Theatre: relive your childhood with a summer theatre performance of Peter Pan. Every year I find myself returning to watch the summer theatre’s newest production, as it makes for such a nice (usually warm evening), and is even better if you bring a picnic! This year’s performance is at Riccarton Bush, and is FREE which is even more of a bonus. There is also a performance of Shakespeare’s Macbeth held in the Mona Vale Gardens, tickets are $10-$12.
4. A Very Merry Scriptless: anyone who has seen the Court Theatre’s Scared Scriptless will understand just how hilarious improv comedy can be. To get you into the jolly Christmas spirit why not go to the Christmas themed show? Get in early as tickets sell out fast!
5. Cricket World Cup: I’m sure all you cricket fans are excited for the beginning of the 2015 cricket world cup (right here in CHCH!). The cup which is being jointly hosted by New Zealand and Australia will showcase the world’s 14 best teams in a 44 day competition. See if you can grab some tickets!
Whatever you plan to do this summer make sure you make lots of memories, take heaps of photos and have a lovely Christmas break!