My name is Katie Mills and I’m your University of Canterbury Students’ Association (UCSA) Postgrad representative for 2019.
As your Postgrad rep, I am one of the many avenues you can utilise to share queries/concerns/comments on your student experience at UC. I’m here not only to represent postgraduate students on the UCSA but I also act as a link between students and the University of Canterbury.
Besides chatting to me, there are many other forums to seek advice and support. These include:
- Academic Skills Centre – for thesis writing support, tips for oral presentations, proofreading and more (keep your eyes peeled for GradFest, a dedicated week of bonus workshops tailored specifically for Postgrads)
- SOAR Advisors – For peer-to-peer academic support
- UC Mentoring – For support that addresses wider social and emotional needs such as settling into UC and finding your way around Christchurch city.
- PGSA – For regular events that will help you connect with other Postgrad students, socialise and discuss Postgrad specific concerns.
- There are also a variety of services available through the UC Health Centre and Rec Centre that can help keep your mental and physical wellbeing in check.
These initiatives all share the aim to make your postgrad journey as positive as possible! So please, whether you’re battling with thesis writing or looking for a pal, reach out for some help. You don’t need to take this journey alone. If you’re not sure where to start, contact me at email@example.com and we can get the conversation rolling! Plus I’d love to meet you!
Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 2019!
UCSA Postgraduate Rep