Would you like to start exercising, but are a little overwhelmed by all the high intensity training online? No problem! Walking is one of the safest and healthiest forms of exercise to get you started, and we’re here to help.
What is Jumpstart?
Jumpstart is a FREE six week walking programme that will progress you from walking nowhere, to walking 5km comfortably and safely. You don’t need to join the RecCentre, and you can do it wherever you like!
Once you’ve completed it, you may feel stronger about hitting up the many gorgeous walks in Canterbury, once we hit Level 2.
Why join Jumpstart?
- Having a programme with daily goals helps keep you on track
- You’ll have a trainer assigned to you, so you can chat about anything that pops up
- We throw in some beginner conditioning and stretching that will improve your strength and flexibility, helping you walk better
How do I join?
- Simply download the Rec & Sport app (it’s free), and select the Jumpstart programme from the featured programmes selection.
- This will be your programme to follow for the next six weeks.
You can start the programme anytime you like.
- Your first walk is just 10mins! (And we guarantee, absolutely NO BURPEES!)
If you have any health concerns, please consult your doctor or discuss with your trainer before commencing the programme.
For more information, check out our Jumpstart – Desk to 5km page.
UC Rec & Sport