Your safety is important to us. Security Officers are on campus 24 hours 7 days a week and provide assistance and support for students and staff. If you are uncomfortable at any time, or for any reason – call Security on 0800 823 637 for assistance.
It’s National Cyber Smart Week.
Are you still leaving your digital security wide open? So many people do. But so many people get hacked, and…
It can happen to your too – so don’t wait until it’s too late.
Start moving in the right direction now.
Here are 3 great links to help you get started:
It is important to the University to provide a safe and secure campus for the benefit of every person using it.
Security Officers patrol the campus 24-hours, 7 days a week, and provide assistance and support for students and staff.
10 Safety and Security Tips
We encourage you to enjoy your social life as a student, but please play it safe and look after each other.
- Programme UC Security’s number into your mobile phone: 0800 823 637. You can also call Security internally on 6111, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Security Office at 114 Ilam Road
- Be aware of the locations of help towers throughout campus – press the black button for information and the red button in an emergency. In an emergency, wait at the tower until help arrives – within minutes.
- Avoid walking alone at night
- Travel with a friend whenever possible
- Always use well illuminated walkways and recommended walking routes at night
- Move your car to a designated (recommended) car parking area on campus if studying after dark
- Ensure that all vehicles are locked when parked
- Report any unusual behaviour on campus to UC Security immediately, even the smallest incident
- Stay alert around construction sites
- If you are uncomfortable at any time, call the security office and ask for assistance. They can walk with you across campus.
For more information visit: www.canterbury.ac.nz/campus-services/security
Support for students
If you need to talk someone about anything, there are plenty of people who can help at UC.