This is one you’ll either love or hate! It’s quick and easy and will definitely satisfy a hungry belly. It’s the epitome of a student snack! I suggest you try it.
- white bread
- jam of your choice (I find something like plum jam works best as I like the smooth texture)
- peanut butter – crunchy or smooth
- a ripe banana
- a pinch of cinnamon
- margarine or butter
- Spread a thin layer of margarine or butter on one side of the slices of bread – this will be on the outside so it goes golden and crispy.
- Turn the bread over and spread the desired amount of peanut butter on the non-buttered side.
- Spread the desired amount of jam on top of the peanut butter.
- On a plate, mash the banana slightly with a fork and then spread it on top of the peanut butter and jam.
- Sprinkle a small pinch of cinnamon over the banana. Place the other slice of bread on top, non-buttered side down.
- Place the sandwich in your sandwich press for at least 5 minutes – you want it to be nice and gooey. If you don’t have a sandwich press you can cook it in a frying pan on med-high heat for about 4 minutes a side.
These yummy, gooey toasted sammies make a great snack on a cold day! But be warned, putting jam in a toasted sandwich is a dangerous endeavour. I’ve seen it spill out and burn someone’s hand, and it ain’t pretty!