Kia ora koutou,
We are saddened to hear about the situation currently unfolding in Afghanistan and wanted to check in with students who may be affected.
We understand this may be a challenging time for you and your whānau and it could have an impact on your ability to stay focused on your studies.
There are dedicated support services available at UC if you need assistance or to talk to someone over the coming days and weeks. Please feel free to make contact with Atawhai Ākonga | Student Care or any one of the support services listed below.
- Atawhai Ākonga | Student Care – 03 369 3388, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Te Whare Hauora | UC Health Centre – 03 364 2402, email@example.com
- Māori student support – 03 369 1445, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pacific student support – 03 369 1445, email@example.com
- Rainbow student support – 03 369 1445, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chaplaincy services – Reverend Dr John Fox, 027 357 1628, email@example.com
- UCSA Welfare and Advocacy Service – 03 369 0555, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Need to talk? Free phone or text 1737
(Please call to make a booking at the Health Centre as they are unable to accept walk-ins while we are under Covid Alert Level 4.)
We encourage you to reach out if you need to, the UC community is here to support you during this time.
Atawhai Ākonga | Student Care team