Contractors are scheduled to start work in the UCSA carpark on Friday 24 June to divert water and sewer pipes. This work is essential to ensure water and sewage services remain operational for other buildings in the area when demolition work starts on the UCSA building in August. Note, some trees are also being trimmed or removed as part of this work.
Please be aware:
- the north entrance to the UCSA carpark will remain open, but will be narrower than usual
- around 50 parking spaces will be unavailable at the north end (outside the UCSA building) of the carpark
- there will be footpath closures at the east end of the UCSA building, pedestrians should follow detours/signage in place.
The work is expected to be completed by mid-July.
Please take care when travelling through the area. Follow traffic management and signage in place and look out for others.
Please take care if driving/biking/walking through the UCSA carpark today and tomorrow. Two trees are being removed from the carpark to ensure essential water and sewer services remain operational when demolition work starts on the UCSA building in August.
Stay alert and please follow traffic management and signage in place.
SCIRT will be working on Ilam Road, between Montana Avenue and Science Road, on Sunday 19 June. This work will be carried out overnight between 6pm and 6am.
Traffic impacts – see map below
- Two-way traffic will remain on Ilam Road, Stop/Go traffic management will be in place.
- There will be no exit from Science Road onto Ilam Road. Drivers should exit the carpark via Engineering Road onto Creyke Road.
- There will also be no exit from Montana Avenue onto Ilam Road. Drivers should exit Montana Avenue via Creyke Road.
- A shoulder closure will be in place in the work area and there will be no on-street parking.
SCIRT will do their best to keep noise levels to a minimum. Contact SCIRT’s McConnell Dowell team on 0508 718 719 if there are any issues.