Melting ice caps…
Whoa!!! You do know you can do something about one of these right now ?
Get a Flu Vaccine!
Save yourself! And anyone else you can talk into climbing on the life raft with you!
- Free flu jabs for our registered patients
- $5 for others with a UCSA voucher
Once protected you will be free to observe the indecisive, the lazy and the just plain dumb collapse with fevers, delirium and body wracking coughs. You may even wish to provide the tissues to help them face the realisation that it’s going to be two weeks before they’re out of bed and trying to catch up with all the work they missed.
Appointments at the UC Health Centre. Phone 03 364 2402 or just come in and talk to a friendly member of our reception team.
UC Health Centre
A visit to the doctor can be pretty expensive right? Which is why it’s awesome that you can visit a doctor’s office on UC grounds, and pay a cheaper fee!
However just be aware that as a student of Canterbury University, you’re not automatically enrolled for the Health Centre. Sign up by Monday 23 February 2015, otherwise you’ll miss the strict deadline and be stuck paying for doctors visits while other students get them for free. If you’re an international student it works a little different as you must have insurance cover, so talk to the friendly Health Centre staff about that.
You’re welcome to use the Health Centre without enrolling, but you’ll end up paying more. Luckily it’s really easy to sign up as a patient! Just fill out the patient enrolment form and hand it in at the Health Centre.
- The Health Centre also provides a fantastic counselling service which you are welcome to use if you need it. In most cases this service is free to students who have paid their levy.
- Quality physiotherapy treatment is another provided service. There is no charge for the first appointment if it’s covered by ACC.
What you may need to know:
- Medical appointments are 15 minutes long. If you think you’ll require longer please advise the receptionist when you book!
- If your needs are urgent (such as an emergency) you will be seen to on that day.
- You will be charged for an appointment even if you don’t show up. Call the receptionist to cancel if you think you won’t make it.
If you have any further enquiries about the UC Health Centre please email email@example.com or give them all call: 364 2402.