Did Term One come and go in a blur, and then you realised you’d only been to the gym twice? Do you need some extra motivation and accountability, but can’t afford to pay for personal training? Here’s where Small Group Training (SGT) can help. Read to the bottom and find out how you can get a $10 discount on your next SGT enrolment!
Why do small group training? Hear what two of our students have to say!
“SGT courses are a great way of adding something new into your workout routine, and I definitely find that working out in a group pushes me further than solo workouts do. The best part is seeing how much progress you’ve made by the end of the course”
Nina, 5th Year Biochemistry student (MSc)
“The best thing about SGT is coming home at 7.30am to your flatmates waking up knowing that you have finished your workout for the day”
Kiri, 3rd Year in Natural Resource Engineering
How does it work?
- You’ll turn up for your sessions each week with the same group of people. Often there’ll be elements of partner work or team games, so your group needs you to turn up!
- Term 2 courses run for 5 weeks (they’re normally 6 weeks).
- Sessions are held in various locations – the RecCentre, Kirkwood Village and outdoors.
How do I sign up and how much does it cost?
- Browse our Small Group Training webpages and check out the options available
- You can sign up at reception or over the phone – remember, you pay for all sessions up front, no refunds if you don’t turn up!
- We encourage you to look around and find the best location, activity and price to suit your budget (although we can say that we do keep our prices below market rate!)
- Need a little extra incentive? The first 10 people to email email@example.com asking for a $10 discount voucher will get one. Simple. It will be valid for use, one time only, in 2017!
Yours in health & fitness,
UC RecCentre Team