Become an Eco Volunteer and help us make a real difference to our campus!
The UC Sustainability Office runs a full year volunteer program for students who are passionate about sustainability – and 2020 is looking to be our biggest year yet!
Currently, the Sustainability Office needs your support with:
- Sustainability events (like cycling breakfasts, fair trade expos and clothes swaps)
- Campus projects (like our Cup Library)
- Green workshops (like zero waste craft-a-noons)
- We also need support with communications and social media, to help us engage our UC community in the work we are doing. We’re always on the lookout for social media contributors and bloggers.
By getting involved as an Eco Volunteer, you’ll gain:
- Hands on experience in the sustainability issues of today – like waste management and education, sustainable transport, climate action and fair trade
- The opportunity to develop relationships with other sustainability related groups on campus
- Teamwork and engagement skills
- A like-minded community
- And the chance to make a real impact!
Got an idea but not sure where to start? We also offer opportunities for students to work with us to develop an event or project that they are passionate about. Talk to us about how to make this happen!
Eco Volunteers may also be eligible for recognition through UC’s Co-Curricular Record. This is a great way to get your voluntary work recognised formally and included as part of your formal University transcript. Check out all the info on CCR here (it looks epic on your CV!).
Eco Volunteering is a heap of fun, and no matter where you are on your sustainability journey, we will work with you to create an exciting volunteer program for you to get involved in.
Why not come along to our first Eco Volunteer Meeting for the year? Come and meet the Sustainability Office and Eco Volunteer Team on Tuesday 25 February, 12pm – 1pm in The Community Engagement Hub, Rehua 108. See the Facebook event for all the details (and so you don’t forget!) here.
Or, sign up here to our volunteering mailing list and we’ll be in touch.
We can’t wait to work with you for an exciting 2020!
This message was brought to you by the UC Sustainability Office. Stay connected and follow us on Facebook, Instagram or sign up to our newsletter to stay in the loop about campus sustainability. Any questions about Eco Volunteering? Get in touch with Chloe here.