Are you ready for this year’s Group Fitness Challenge, sponsored by Bargain Box? Registrations are open now, and you can start collecting stamps from Saturday 1st April!
Not sure what it is? Head to our website and read up on the details. In short, you sign up to complete 100 Group Fitness classes by Sunday 15th October, 2017. It helps you stay on track to attend 3-4 classes per week, which will help you stay healthy and well through the year. Keep track of your attendance by collecting a stamp in your class diary (you’ll get this once you register) from the instructor, after every class. You can win monthly prizes, or the big ones at the end, and you’ll earn rewards as you hit milestones in your class diary. Double stamp days earn you twice the stamps, which are great if you get behind when you go on holiday.
Here are our top tips to reach 100 classes in 29 weeks:
- Pick a day to plan your week, and pop your favourite classes into your diary. Prioritise yourself, and make sure you keep that appointment!
- Find a gym buddy to keep you extra accountable, they’re relying on you to turn up too. You can have your daily (or 3x weekly) catch-up over a workout instead of coffee (or do both!) It really is much more fun!
- Keep an eye out for double stamp days on our facebook page and montly newsletters – you can collect 2 stamps for every class you attend on these days to zoom ahead (or catch up!)
- Attend our mega and glow classes – these are super fun, a chance to dress up and earn you extra stamps for attendance. The mega class also allows you to cross off a class you can’t get to because of scheduling, or that just doesn’t appeal to you. (because yes, you do have to attend every style we offer at least once! It’s good to be open to new experiences!)
There are no limits to how many people can participate in the challenge, but the sooner you get started, the easier it will be to hit that magic 100.
This year, we are stoked to be partnering with BargainBox who’ll be providing us with all sorts of goodies for prizes and giveaways, along with nutrition tips and advice.
Kat & Danielle
The gym is pumping right now and we’re stoked to see so many of you hitting the gym already. Having said that, an overcrowded gym is not fun for everyone, so when is the best time to train at the RecCentre?
As always, there is no simple answer, it all comes down to YOU. But here’s what we do know…
- The earlier you come to the RecCentre, the quieter it will be in both group fitness classes and the fitness spaces. Hit us up before 3pm each day for less crowds and faster workout times (less waiting and working in with others)
- The exception is Saturday, where everyone gets here for 9am opening and it’s much less busy from lunchtime until closing
You may find the crowds motivating and energising, or you may find they drain your soul and make you want to run for the hills! Both are perfectly valid responses, we just need to find ways to accommodate our individual needs. We suggest you try out different days and times until you find a time slot that works for both your personality, your schedule and your fitness buddy if you have one! Prioritise yourself and find a consistent time to exercise, blocking it out in your calendar as an appointment that can’t be rescheduled.
Need another incentive to hit the gym early? Enter your name in our competition box at reception, post-workout (we’ll be able to tell by your red workout faces!) between 6am and 3.00pm from March 20th until April 9th, Monday to Friday. Each day we’ll draw out one lucky winner who’ll receive a surprise pack of RecCentre goodies. (One entry per person, per day).
You’ve gotta be in (early) to win!
Lift. Move. Play.
Welcome back to UC! For those who were identified as part of the Academic Progress Review for Semester 2, (2016) we strongly encourage you to participate in a series of workshops created for you (see below).
Please sign up to the workshops by following the slyreply links.
We really hope you make the most of this opportunity and feel free to attend one or all of the sessions.
Last day to sign-up: Wednesday 8 March.
We want to help you get back on track in 2017, so follow the links and get yourself signed up.
If you prefer to talk to someone 1:1 then please get in touch with any of the support teams on campus: