This week is UC Diversity Week (16th-21st) so there are loads of different events going on for that! A lot of the events are also presented/provided for by clubs on campus, which is pretty awesome! You can check out the full line-up here, as only a few of the many events will be listed on this week’s ‘What’s the haps?!”.
- Open mic forum (presented for FEMSOC): As part of Diversity Week FEMSOC will be providing a forum in which you can hear from a number of speakers from campus and the wider community about modern gender issues. 1-2pm in the Undercroft.
- A night with Mojo Mathers (presented by DESOC): 5.30-7pm in The Living Room. Mojo Mathers, NZ’s first deaf MP will talk on issues surrounding diversity and the rights of people with disabilities.
- UC SciFi Quiz Night: 6.45pm at The Foundry test your sci-fi and fantasy know-how, and well as general knowledge! $5.00 for members, $7.00 for non-members.
- Accessibility Amazing Race: Experience the world as other students may have to do either in a wheelchair, through vision impaired glasses or with crutches. Compete in a group of 5 students and race around campus to be in to win some cool prizes! 10.30-12pm, C Block Lawn.
- St Patrick’s Day Party: A celebration as part of Diversity Week from 9-11pm at The Foundry! Djs will be on till late!
- World Market: At lunchtime (11.30-1.30pm) don’t miss out on the delicious international options available on C Block Lawn. Don’t forget CASH! There will also be cultural performances from clubs and the wider community.
- EFSOC (Economics, and Finance) Quiz Night: 6.30pm at Bentley’s bar, $2 entry.
- Postgraduate Research Speed Dating: This session from 10-11am will showcase research conducted in the College of Business and Law on diversity related topics. Held in the College Lounge, Room 236.
- Commerce Careers Fair: Undercroft 3.30-6.30pm.
- U-Can-Speak (Debating): 7pm in KC4 at Kirkwood Village.
- Outdoor Movie (presented by ENSOC): 9.00pm-11.30pm the movie ‘Pride’ will be shown on a giant inflatable screen! Food on site, so bring CASH!
- Women in Engineering Bus Trip: St Paddy’s Day themed! $10 for tickets. Sold on 17th March 12-1pm at Dovedale. Buses leave Foundry at 7pm.
- Gentlemen’s Club Wine and Cheese Night: Buy tickets online and get the supplied bus from The Foundry car park at 7pm, which will head to a mystery location! MEMBERS ONLINE, tickets $35 online.