You are invited to attend the inaugural Post Grad Conference for Civil Engineering at UC. The conference will feature presentations from students across the department, showcasing the variety of exciting research going on here.
The keynote presentation will be by Susan Krumdieck on ‘Transition Engineering, because it’s time’. This will explore how engineering will change going forward as we build a sustainable future, away from fossil fuels.
Where: North Arts Block, University of Canterbury
When: 8:30am-4:30pm, Wednesday 12 February
More information is available on the conference website
You will need a ticket to attend. They are free and available at the link below.
Please RSVP ASAP for catering and attendance purposes and feel free to forward on this invite 🙂
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Ngā mihi nui,
The CNRE PG Committee
This week is UC Diversity Week (16th-21st) so there are loads of different events going on for that! A lot of the events are also presented/provided for by clubs on campus, which is pretty awesome! You can check out the full line-up here, as only a few of the many events will be listed on this week’s ‘What’s the haps?!”.
- Open mic forum (presented for FEMSOC): As part of Diversity Week FEMSOC will be providing a forum in which you can hear from a number of speakers from campus and the wider community about modern gender issues. 1-2pm in the Undercroft.
- A night with Mojo Mathers (presented by DESOC): 5.30-7pm in The Living Room. Mojo Mathers, NZ’s first deaf MP will talk on issues surrounding diversity and the rights of people with disabilities.
- UC SciFi Quiz Night: 6.45pm at The Foundry test your sci-fi and fantasy know-how, and well as general knowledge! $5.00 for members, $7.00 for non-members.
- Accessibility Amazing Race: Experience the world as other students may have to do either in a wheelchair, through vision impaired glasses or with crutches. Compete in a group of 5 students and race around campus to be in to win some cool prizes! 10.30-12pm, C Block Lawn.
- St Patrick’s Day Party: A celebration as part of Diversity Week from 9-11pm at The Foundry! Djs will be on till late!
- World Market: At lunchtime (11.30-1.30pm) don’t miss out on the delicious international options available on C Block Lawn. Don’t forget CASH! There will also be cultural performances from clubs and the wider community.
- EFSOC (Economics, and Finance) Quiz Night: 6.30pm at Bentley’s bar, $2 entry.