Staying active is vital for maintaining a healthy wellbeing especially during the present moment with majority of us either working or studying at home. Here are some ways that you can be active at home…
- Play ‘the floor is lava’ with the kids
- Do a yoga or Zumba class online
- Try out a new workout on YouTube
- Go for walks or runs outside (just stay 2m away from others!)
- Use the cans in the pantry as weights, stretch
Check out UC Rec Centre’s facebook page for a range of live streamed fitness classes and workouts!
Dr Victoria Price and Dr Jane Scott at the UC Health Centre share some practical and simple tips that can help you alleviate stress during this time. Check out the clip here>
The clip focuses on three areas of wellbeing including, mind, body and connection, providing you with examples of how you can experience Mauri Ora / flourishing wellness through staying well, staying safe, and staying connected,
Many thanks to Dr Price & Dr Scott who took valuable time out to film just before the lockdown!
This week has been tough, be kind to yourself and those around you. Take this time to fill up your cup with positivi-tea! Have a break over the weekend, do something fun with those in your bubble, have a laugh and relax.
The campus is now in lockdown and is only accessible to essential staff. Security is checking the Arts Centre location and plant rooms regularly. Power remains on in all areas except the boilerhouse, while heating and ventilation has been turned off in non-critical, unused areas.
UC has focused on finding the most sustainable ways to maintain critical infrastructure while we’re working off-campus. If you have any concerns about buildings or labs that you would usually be working in, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The UC website continues to be updated daily and you’ll find a list of previous all-staff communications here>
Throughout this time, it is important to remember that we are not alone. Connecting with others is important for maintaining a healthy wellbeing, one way we can do this is through the act of giving. It feels good to give and everyone has something to offer.
Here are some ways you can continue to give:
- Give compliments to others via skype, phone or email.
- Think of a skill you can offer to others i.e. teach your family how to cook, teach a friend another language or how to play a musical instrument via skype.
- Let people know you are there to help and tell them what help you go off i.e offer to pick up food for your neighbour when you go shopping.