3 July, 12-5.30pm, Undercroft 101
The Office of the AVC Māori and Research & Innovation are hosting a colloquium in July, with the theme “Sharing, Celebrating and Growing Māori Research at the University of Canterbury”. The event will include a keynote presentation by Professor Linda Tuhiwai Smith, individual speakers discussing challenges, opportunities and emerging areas for Māori research in the university context, and staff and student presentations about current research highlights. Lunch and afternoon tea will be provided.
If you would like to attend, please email Tracy Rohan.
Saturday 27 June, 10am-3pm, 79 Springfield Road, St Albans
Whānau Day activities include: Māori mākete (arts and crafts), work-shops, wahanga kai (kai stalls); Kapa Haka, guest speaker and story telling by the CCC Library.
To hold a stall or book a hangi ($10), please contact Rehua Marae on 03 355 5615.
Learning and Development workshops
Learning and development opportunities can be found on theLearning and Development Intranet.
- Managers/Heads – are you looking for ways to increase the impact of your discussions with your staff and colleagues? The Coaching programme is for you! – 25/26 June and 30 July
- Or, if you want to maximise the outputs of your meetings, take part in our Chairing effective meetings session – 30 June.
- All UC staff who have direct contact and interact with students and other customers (internal or external) will benefit from participating in our Dealing with challenging client situation course – 4 August
- Improve your processes and maximise your productivity with ourPersonal Efficiency Programme – 8 and 22 July. Two places are available on this course.
Health and Safety Training
Coming up in June and July:
Places are still available on the following sessions:
- Lab Managers Training, 15 June, 9am-1pm
- First Aid Revalidation, 23 June, full day
- Health and Safety Planning for Managers, 23 July, 9am-1pm
For more information and to enrol or waitlist for any 2015 Health & Safety training workshops, please see the Health & Safety Information and Training Intranet.