14 August 2015
Type on an iPhone or iPad using Macrons
Macrons are an important part of writing te reo Māori accurately. They indicate vowel length. Vowel length can change meaning.
Want to know more? http://www.tetaurawhiri.govt.nz/english/resources_e/index.shtml
Last week I showed you how to Type on an iPad using Macrons with a Bluetooth keyboard.
This week we turn our attention to our iPhone and iPad.
To enable a Macron when you’re typing on an iPhone or iPad:
- When you’re typing, hold down the key for the character that requires a macron.
– A small gallery appears, showing different accent examples for that character.
- Choose the example with the macron.
– That character is inserted into your text, with a macron.
- Carry on typing.
- Repeat this process preceding each character that requires a macron.
Was this tip helpful to you? Anything else you want to know? Please leave a comment below!
Have you seen these:
Type on an iPad using Macrons with a Bluetooth keyboard
Type on a PC Using Macrons
Like these tips? Want to see MORE?