When you’re in Outlook and need to look up a Contact, here is another option that saves a click or two.
Add “Find a Contact” to your Outlook Quick Access Toolbar, to enable you to look up someone’s details without having to go into Contacts and search.
The Quick Access Toolbar is located just above or below the File menu in the top left corner of the Outlook window (and every other Microsoft Office program). You can add command buttons to it or remove them from it at any time.
1. Click the drop-down arrow at the end of the Quick Access Toolbar, and select Find a Contact to add it to the Quick Access Toolbar.
– a field is added to the Quick Access Toolbar, containing the prompt Search People.
2. Click the search text Search People and type the name of the person you wish to look up.
– Staff with that name display.
3. Click the name of the person you are searching for.
– a Contact card displays showing all their Contact details.
- Note: you can click the details shown in blue on the contact card to contact them directly from there, eg, click their email address to create a new email message addressed to them; or click their phone number to call them.
Thanks go to Karen Mather for this one.