The Erskine Programme is delighted to welcome more visitors to UC this week.
The latest Visiting Erskine Fellows to arrive are:
- Professor Martin Bohl. from Westfalische Wilhelms-University Muenster, Germany who will be visiting the Department of Economic & Finance;
- Professor Breda Sweeny, from the National University of Ireland, Ireland who will be visiting the Department of Accounting & Information Systems;
- Professor Krishna Ramasubramanian, from the Indian Institute of Technology, India who will be visiting the Department of Mathematics & Statistics;
- Associate Professor Cathy Lazarus from Yeshiva University, USA who will be visiting the Department of Communication Disorders; and
- Dr Raffaele Spinelli from CNR IVALSA, Italy who will be visiting the School of Forestry.
We wish them all a wonderful time at UC.
Trouble communicating your idea?
Or, you’re not sure how to make it clear?
Maybe you only speak in public once a year?
Or, you’re not confident presenting to your peers?
I have a solution for you, never fear!
If you do presentations, also known as;
Speeches, public speaking, talking to a group of people, training people, teaching people, giving updates on projects you are doing, portraying an idea to get some funding – whatever it may be.
Register for our Presentation Skills course March 16.
You will gain some valuable skills on how to gain confidence and learn to Present with intent!
Get in NOW!!
The next Presentation Skills workshop isn’t until September 16!
We are all called upon to speak publicly
at some stage in our lives.
It will happen. How do you feel about that?
Make your audience grateful, and take the fear out of it, by studying these TED Talk tips:
9 Public-Speaking Lessons From The World’s Greatest TED Talks
Other things that will help you significantly:
- Do our Presentation Skills course. We only have two running this year, and one is coming up in just a few weeks. Sign up!
- Read my previous 2 Blog posts:
Make eye contact & put on boldness like a cloak.
Nervous? Sweaty Palms? Limelight?
Was this tip helpful to you? Anything else you want to know? Feel free to let me know in the comments below.
Like these tips? Want to see MORE?
Learning and Development
Wed 2 March Contractor Management (4 hours)
Tue 8 March Hazard Management (4 hours)
Mon 14 March Ergonomic Assessor Training (3 hours)
Mon 21 March New Legislation Rep Updates (3 hours)
Wed 23 March Field Activities (4 hours)
Wed 30 March Health & Safety Rep (Stage 2) (1 day)
Tue 4 April Fire Warden (3 hours)
Fri 15 April New Legislation Rep Updates (3 hours)
Mon 18 April First Aid Revalidation (1 day)
Fri 22 April Health & Safety Rep (Stage 1) (1 day)
Wed 27 April Field Activities (4 hours)
Thu 28 April Fire Extinguisher (4 hours)
For more information and to enrol for any 2016 Health & Safety training workshops, please click here or email email@example.com
New Zealand Financial Planning (NZFP) has recognised the growing need for New Zealanders to become more aware and knowledgeable around their personal financial wellbeing.
As a result, NZFP are offering UC Staff the opportunity to attend a range of free seminars. The first seminar is now open for registrations, details below:
“Getting Set Up“ – 35 and under age group
Wednesday 23 March
12pm – 1.30pm
Please register your interest for this seminar by contacting Shelley Dick, via email or phone (03) 375 4040.