Co-curricular record – what’s in it for staff?

The Co-curricular Record (CCR) was launched in 2015 and provides official recognition for approved ‘out of classroom’ activities students participate in.

So what’s in it for staff? Rose Reynolds shares her experience:

Rose Reynolds

“Working with students and the CCR is a win-win situation. I have been an Activity validator on the CCR since 2015. I developed the Student Success Internship as a way to integrate more student viewpoints into our core business.

The students coming through the programme have been nothing short of amazing. Student Success Interns apply themselves to a wide range of undergraduate research, including Diversity Stocktake and Success Toolkit. Putting my programme on the CCR was so easy and worthwhile. The SS Interns were grateful for a way to apply their academic skills in a ‘real-world’ environment, and I benefited from their fresh perspective. You will be AMAZED at how proactive and energetic our students are.

Our students will leave UC to enter a complex and competitive job market. You can help them develop skills employers are looking for by inviting them to help in your day-to-day work. Is there a small project you want to get off-the-ground, but lack the time? Do you work closely with students via a faculty club? I encourage all staff to consider the activities students are engaged in, and get in touch with the team to get them ‘CCR approved’.

www.canterbury.ac.nz/ccr

CCR_LCDs3