It is important to the University to provide a safe and secure campus for the benefit of every person using it.
Security Officers patrol the campus 24-hours, 7 days a week, and provide assistance and support for students and staff.
10 Safety and Security Tips
- Programme UC Security’s number into your mobile phone: 0800 823 637. You can also call Security internally on 6111, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Security Office at 114 Ilam Road
- Be aware of the locations of help towers throughout campus – press the black button for information and the red button in an emergency. In an emergency, wait at the tower until help arrives – within minutes.
- Avoid walking alone at night
- Travel with a friend whenever possible
- Always use well illuminated walkways and recommended walking routes at night
- Move your car to a designated (recommended) car parking area on campus if staying after dark
- Ensure that all vehicles are locked when parked
- Report any unusual behaviour on campus to UC Security immediately, even the smallest incident
- Stay alert around construction sites
- If you are uncomfortable at any time, call the security office and ask for assistance. They can walk with you across campus.
For more information visit: www.canterbury.ac.nz/campus-services/security