Are you in your first year of your Academic career? or still consider yourself an Early Career Academic? are you new to UC?
If you have answered yes to any of the above, Learning and Development would like to invite you to enrol in our Career Planning for Early Career Academic Programme.
This programme kicks off with a Networking event hosted by our Senior Management Team on Tuesday 29 November, followed by a two day programme on Wednesday 30 November and Thursday 1 December.
Applications close end of Friday 7 October – register now.
For an example of last year’s programme, click here.
At the end of the two days you will have:
- Examined the breadth of an academic career
- Discussed the skills and capabilities needed to succeed in an academic career
- Reviewed your own skills and capabilities against those identified
- Formulated a personal career development action plan
- Explored common issues and questions with early career colleagues
- Tested effective networking and collaboration techniques
- Decided if you wish to participate in the UC Mentoring programme next year.
We do suggest that you have been working at UC in an Academic role for at least 6 months before attending the course, but if you would like to attend, please email the Learning and Development team to discuss further.