When you are emailing a document you have recently viewed, use this quick shortcut to skip having to find the document in its folder.
To do this we will use Windows’ Jump List feature (which is
a great shortcut to documents).
- Create the email message in Outlook
- Right-click the relevant program icon in the Taskbar
eg, if it is a recently viewed Word document that you wish to email, right-click the Word program icon in the Taskbar
– A list of references to recently opened files displays (this is a “Jump List”)
- Drag the document reference from the Jump List and drop it on the email (don’t worry – it will not be removed from the Jump List)
– The document is attached to the email
Was this tip helpful to you? Anything else you want to know? Please leave a comment below.
You’ll find more learning at Learning and Development