It’s getting colder, which invariably makes it even harder to stick to your exercise plan, especially if you’re a morning exerciser! BRRR! So what can you do to stick to your best laid plans and maintain your new healthy habits?
Here are my top five tips for success:
- Schedule your workout in your Outlook calendar, mark it out of office, and don’t break it. Ever. Prioritise you. You are more likely to be performing your best for your team, if you have taken care of your own health and wellness needs first.
- Find a workout buddy to keep you accountable. They’re relying on you to turn up and vice-versa. You can have your daily (or 3x weekly) catch-up over a workout instead of coffee (or do both!) It really is much more fun!
- Choose activities that you look forward to and have fun doing, not ones ‘I have to get through’. (See my earlier blog on ‘what exercise is right for me’. )
- Choose locations for exercise that are convenient to your home or work, or on your way home. It’s more likely you’ll keep your fitness appointment, if you don’t have to go out of your way.
- Keep a packed workout bag (including healthy snacks and extra socks) in the car or office to minimise excuses.
And finally, don’t sweat the small stuff! For general health and fitness, just making sure you move every day, and more intensely 3-4x per week is what matters. It doesn’t matter if you train in the morning, afternoon or evening. Just make sure you do!
Check out the Bargain Box 2017 Group Fitness Challenge – an excellent way to stay motivated through winter.
See our website for more details