Do you need some extra motivation and accountability, but don’t want to pay for a personal trainer? Here’s where Small Group Training (SGT) can help!
Previously a benefit only available for UC RecCentre members, we’ve opened the courses up to anyone and everyone, so you don’t have to join the gym to get some really excellent training. Read to the bottom and find out how you can get a $10 discount on your next SGT enrolment!
Why do Small Group Training?
- Experience the motivation of a trainer at a lower cost than personal training
- Group camaraderie keeps you training hard when you want to quit
- Add variety to your workout to keep you motivated and on track to reach your goals
- Sign up alone and meet people, or sign up with a friend or family member to help them along
- And most definitely have so much fun it doesn’t feel like exercising!
How does it work?
- You’ll turn up for your sessions each week with the same group of people. Often there’ll be elements of partner work or team games, so your group needs you to turn up!
- Term 2 courses run for 5 weeks, except staff yoga courses, which are 8 weeks.
- Sessions are held in various locations – the RecCentre, Kirkwood Village and outdoors.
How do I sign up and how much does it cost?
- Browse our Small Group Training webpages and check out the options available: Staff only yoga, yoga play (backbending), boxing, bootcamp….
- You can sign up at reception or over the phone – remember, you pay for all sessions up front, no refunds if you don’t turn up. Extra motivation!
- You don’t have to be a member of the RecCentre, but you will pay slightly more than our members do.
- We encourage you to look around and find the best location, activity and price to suit your budget (although we can say that we do keep our prices below market rate!)
Need a little extra incentive?
The first 10 people to email email@example.com asking for a $10 discount voucher will get one. Simple. It will be valid for use, one time only, in 2017!
Yours in health & fitness
UC RecCentre Team