On Monday 1 May, the new look UC Me campaign and website will be launched. We continue to use UC students but we give them the opportunity to be not just a portrait, but to have a voice and to share that with the world by wearing their messages on white tee-shirts.
We will have a strong outdoor presence in bus stops (Adshels) throughout NZ, billboards, bus backs and street posters, as well as strong online activity and radio.
The website will be launched on Monday morning featuring all 26 UC Me students and their inspiring stories and can be found via the UC homepage.
Do you deal with clients on a daily basis? If your answer is no, consider the amount of students, staff, other organisations and even the general public that you interact with. They are all your clients!
Do you ever run into trouble with those professional relationships? The Dealing With Challenging Client Situations workshop could be for you.
“The course was enlightening for both my role at work and outside of work. These are situations that you deal with or are involved with in all walks of life and going on this course has given me new coping skills to deal with challenging situations.”
The Dealing With Challenging Client Situations workshop focuses on the skills and knowledge you need to understand your clients’ behaviour and better equip you to deal with these situations.
This programme will assist you to understand some of the origins of challenging behaviour, quickly recognise a range of challenging situations, recognise and manage behaviour escalation and respond in a constructive way. You will also explore your responses when confronted by challenging client behaviour and ways to manage yourself during interactions.
Register now for our Dealing With Challenging Client Situations half-day workshop:
When: Thursday 11 May*
Time: 9am – 1pm.
Registrations are closing soon so please let us know of your interest so we can hold a place for you.
*If this date doesn’t suit you, check out the other workshop dates.
(Note, this workshop is for staff only.)
Not the course that you are looking for? Please visit our Learning and Development intranet page to view our courses/workshops and programmes or if you have any questions contact Learning & Development.
A colleague has just shared with me these 10 Great Excel Tips, and they are fantastic!
Check them out: 10 Great Excel Tips
(A pop-up to log in to Facebook will appear but you can click Not Now at the bottom of the pop-up.)
Special thanks to Lawrence Teo.
Check out our Archive of Tech Tips – to check it out, click here, then hit the “End” key on your keyboard to jump to the end of the Archive list where the most recent Tips are.
Was this tip helpful to you? Anything else you want to know? Please leave a comment below.
You’ll find more learning at Learning and Development
Do you need some extra motivation and accountability, but don’t want to pay for a personal trainer? Here’s where Small Group Training (SGT) can help!
Previously a benefit only available for UC RecCentre members, we’ve opened the courses up to anyone and everyone, so you don’t have to join the gym to get some really excellent training. Read to the bottom and find out how you can get a $10 discount on your next SGT enrolment!
Why do Small Group Training?
- Experience the motivation of a trainer at a lower cost than personal training
- Group camaraderie keeps you training hard when you want to quit
- Add variety to your workout to keep you motivated and on track to reach your goals
- Sign up alone and meet people, or sign up with a friend or family member to help them along
- And most definitely have so much fun it doesn’t feel like exercising!
How does it work?
- You’ll turn up for your sessions each week with the same group of people. Often there’ll be elements of partner work or team games, so your group needs you to turn up!
- Term 2 courses run for 5 weeks, except staff yoga courses, which are 8 weeks.
- Sessions are held in various locations – the RecCentre, Kirkwood Village and outdoors.
How do I sign up and how much does it cost?
- Browse our Small Group Training webpages and check out the options available: Staff only yoga, yoga play (backbending), boxing, bootcamp….
- You can sign up at reception or over the phone – remember, you pay for all sessions up front, no refunds if you don’t turn up. Extra motivation!
- You don’t have to be a member of the RecCentre, but you will pay slightly more than our members do.
- We encourage you to look around and find the best location, activity and price to suit your budget (although we can say that we do keep our prices below market rate!)
Need a little extra incentive?
The first 10 people to email firstname.lastname@example.org asking for a $10 discount voucher will get one. Simple. It will be valid for use, one time only, in 2017!
Yours in health & fitness
UC RecCentre Team