Over the course of this year the Identity and Access Management Programme has, through a number of workshops, been gathering information about the wide variety of resources available at UC, and the rules behind who gets access to them. Along with this information gathering the team has been carrying out technical reviews of systems, development of processes and policies for how Identity and Access may be managed in the future, and working through the procurement of a number of services ready for 2018.
As mentioned in our communication in September the project provided a paper to the UC governance groups detailing the activity, cost and implementation approach for the remainder of the project over 2018 and 2019 . This was paper was endorsed and approved by council in its meeting on Wednesday 25 October.
The team will continue to work on completing the 2017 activities while preparing for 2018.
IAM Project 2018:
- Core Identity Platform: Procurement and Implementation – Design, Build, Test, Staged deployment and Support
- Provisioning (process that adds and remove access to resources): Procurement and Implementation through to completing all testing.
IAM Project 2019
- Provisioning: Staged deployment and Support
- Self-Service: Implementation – Design, Build, Test, Staged deployment and Support
- Password Management: Implementation – Design, Build, Test, Staged deployment and Support
- External Users & Cloud: Implementation – Design, Build, Test, Staged deployment and Support
In 2018 the team will be providing regular updates to all stakeholder groups through UC Communications and through a dedicated website where up to date information on the projects progress can be tracked.
If you would like more information you can contact the project: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff Field, University Registrar
Stephen Sheere, IAM Project Manager