If you spend time converting multiple documents into PDF format, this will delight you!
Using Adobe Acrobat Pro you can simply open all the documents you wish to convert, and Acrobat Pro will convert them into individual PDFs for you.
- Open Adobe Acrobat Pro
(sorry – you cannot do this with the free Acrobat Reader)
- Click the Create button (located just below the File menu)
- Click PDF from File
– the Open dialogue box displays, displaying all supported file formats (if you can see a file there, you should be able to create a PDF of it)
- Navigate to the folder containing the files you wish to convert
- Select the files you wish to convert (eg, Word files, PowerPoint files, etc)
TIP: to select multiple files, hold the Ctrl key while you select the files
- Click the Open button, located in the lower right corner
- Sit back and relax while Acrobat opens each of the files individually and converts them to individual PDF documents
– Be patient – there is a lot going on behind the scenes at this point and Acrobat is saving you a lot of work!
- Click the Window menu to select and view the individual PDF files.
- SAVE EACH FILE INDIVIDUALLY
– NOTE: the PDFs have been created but you still need to save them.
The end-result is that Acrobat will open each file and convert each one to an individual PDF.
Check out our Archive of Tech Tips. Click the link, then hit the ‘End’ key on your keyboard to jump to the end of the Archive list where the most recent Tips are.
Was this tip helpful to you? Anything else you want to know? Please leave a comment below.
You’ll find more learning at Learning and Development.