There is currently a lot of work under way on Riccarton Road.
If you are travelling in this direction, there are some key points to note:
- Two lanes of traffic, one in each direction, will be maintained throughout the works.
- Temporary traffic management will be installed.
- There may be times when vehicle access to properties is restricted.
- The work period is weather and road operations dependent.
Timing and impact of work:
- Kerbing, ground investigation and water main installation work is under way.
- There will also be localised ground works as traffic lights will be installed at the railway crossing.
- During April, Harakeke Street will be closed at the junction with Riccarton Road and Mandeville Street will be left in, left out.
- Over May and June the road surface will be repaired.