If you have an alert popping up in the corner of your computer screen every time you receive an email, it can interrupt your concentration and interfere with your productivity.
On the other hand, you may be waiting for an important email, and wish to be notified the moment it arrives!
In Microsoft Outlook these notifications are referred to as Desktop Alerts.
You can control Desktop Alerts in Outlook Options:
- Open Outlook
- Click the File tab
- Click Options (near the bottom of the File menu)
– this displays the Outlook Options dialogue box
- Click Mail (in the upper left corner of the dialogue box)
- Scroll down to the Message arrival section
- Un-tick (or tick) the check box for Display a Desktop Alert
– there is also a button to the right to further control the Desktop Alert Settings
- Click the OK button.
Check out our Archive of Tech Tips. Click the link, then hit the ‘End’ key on your keyboard to jump to the end of the Archive list where the most recent Tips are.
Was this tip helpful to you? Anything else you want to know? Please leave a comment below.
You’ll find more learning at Learning and Development.