Congratulations Rachel Collins

We congratulate another staff member on their graduation – Team Leader UC Logistics Rachel Collins, who is graduating with a Post Graduate Certificate in Strategic Leadership.

We ask Rachel why she chose to embark on study at UC.

Q: What motivated you to embark on this? 
A: Initially I was encouraged to take a couple of papers for professional development but I quickly decided that the completing the whole certificate would be much more fun. 

Q: Why are you interested in this area of study?
A: These courses were so relevant to my professional life and the knowledge I have gained is proving invaluable on a daily basis.

Q: What is your advice for anyone else juggling work and study?A: You need to be organised. Don’t leave assignments until the last minute and read a little every day. Never be afraid to ask for help or talk through any issues with your tutors – they are all willing to help and want  you to succeed.

Q: What does it mean to you to graduate?
A: I feel proud of my achievement and have chosen to attend graduation in person to celebrate finishing and passing. I’m looking forward to seeing others from my classes again.

I have realised it’s never too late to further one’s education. I’m grateful to the University for offering this opportunity and supporting me through my study.  As general staff it was interesting to see the University from a student perspective too and I learnt much that I brought back to the team.