The new Enrol in Person process for international students led by the Student First Programme was put to the test last week, as international students arrived on campus to complete their enrolment ahead of Semester Two.
Students were welcomed by friendly UC volunteers and went on a campus walking tour while their documents were processed behind the scenes. Feedback captured so far points to a positive student experience on the enrolment days – they commented that the process was easy, they felt welcome and overall the enrolment days were less stressful and more enjoyable for both students and staff.
The Student First Programme team held a morning tea to acknowledge the hard work that went into making this pilot a success. In particular, we want to thank:
- Student Volunteers for their energy, enthusiasm and dedication
- The Enrolments and Student Care teams in creating such a seamless event and going above and beyond to ensure students were as prepared as possible for enrolments
- Admissions for clearing “road-blocks” on enrolments and providing great support for our College colleagues who were swamped with Academic Review and Open Day
- Dawn Miller-Mctaggart for her magic work on the data
- Academic Managers and Student Advisers for juggling your busy schedules and doing your best to prepare students for enrolment. High-five!
- Student Finance: being there with us and ensuring that the final all important step fit neatly into the process
- AV Staff and Photographer: capturing the quality of the event is exciting and would be made so much harder without you
- Comms Team: paving the way for trialling new ways of communicating with applicants as required
Reflecting on how far we have come since our review of the Enrol In Person process in March/April, what we achieved is a great example of what can be done by a small, determined group of individuals working collaboratively towards a common goal. This new process is a great step forward in transforming the student administration experience.
Watch this space for a full review and some great footage from the enrolment days, as well as further updates on how we’re continuing to work on the process for Enrolments 2019.