The Wood Industry Development and Education Trust (WIDE Trust) has provided a funding package that supports students and post-doctoral fellows at UC.
- Two undergraduate scholarships for 1st Year BForSc valued at $10,000
- Two undergraduate scholarships for 1st Pro BE(Hons) Forest Engineering valued at $10,000
Closing date 15 August. More info here>
- The WIDE Trust Post Doctoral Fellow in Geospatial Technologies – this has been awarded and commenced 16 July.
- One PhD Scholarship – the WIDE Trust PhD Scholarship in Timber Engineering ($125,000 over three years) which has been awarded to a candidate who will commence study in May 2019.
- A Timber Design Prize that will be awarded for five years to students enrolled in ENCI427 Timber Structures, commencing in 2019. The overall value of that prize is $10,000 and there will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes.
This timber design prize is for the civil engineering students taking the 3rd pro paper ENCI427 Timber Structures.
The students need to participate a timber design competition, also part of their course assessments. They need to provide drawings, structural calculations and a final presentation. A judge panel will be formed to select the top three groups for the prize (1st prize $1,000, 2nd prize $600, 3rd prize $400).