UC launches digital academic documents with My eQuals

Graduating students and alumni can now get certified digital copies of their transcripts, degree certificates and official letters through a secure cloud-based system, My eQuals. Over 500 graduates have already accessed their documents through this internationally recognised system, developed by a consortium of Australasian universities.

The digital documents are marked as certified by UC, and can be securely shared with third parties such as employers and other universities. Find out more here.

What is My eQuals?

The My eQuals project was delivered by the Student First Programme, and is an important part of our work to transform the student administration experience at all stages of the student journey right through to graduation. It provides another convenient digital service for students that’s responsive to their needs, will reduce manual workload for staff, and the cost and paper associated with printing hard copy records.

Who else is using the system?

UC joins 20+ other Australasian universities using the My eQuals system, including AUT, The University of Auckland and the University of Otago. My eQuals is also being used by a growing global network of higher education institutions committed to creating a more globally mobile student and graduate experience through easy online sharing of credentials.

Who can use it and what are the costs?

Students graduating after July 12, 2018 will get a certified digital copy of their testamur (degree certificate) and transcript at no cost, as well as the usual physical copy at their ceremony. Other students and alumni will need to pay a one-off fee for access, and hard copies are still available for those who require them. More information is on the Transcript webpage here.

For questions about digital documents on My eQuals, contact transcript@canterbury.ac.nz.