Throughout this year the Risk Manager (VCO) and the Procurement Team (Financial Services) have been working with our travel insurer, Allianz, and other partners on an enhanced travel assistance programme that will provide greater support and assurances for our UC population while travelling. We have in excess of 50,000 travel days each year and at any one time 140 UC staff and students are travelling, working, researching and studying in over 75 international destinations.
While we have always had a comprehensive travel insurance programme in place, our travel insurer, Allianz, can now provide a more comprehensive travel, medical and security response (in conjunction with its partners, First Assistance and Healix). The security response is a new feature and includes:
- the Healix Travel Oracle App,
- security advice and assistance, and
- traveller tracking and monitoring.
Details are here. Key points are:
- We ‘go-live’ tomorrow. Travel coordinators have been invited to a briefing on the new features tomorrow so please raise any questions for your travel coordinator to bring to the session.
- All UC travellers (staff and students) are encouraged to download the Healix Travel Oracle app to their mobiles. Details on how to do this are on page two of the attached document and also on the UC Travel Insurance intranet site. The app provides up-to-date travel information and advice and real time alerts on breaking news globally, as well as a direct line to the 24/7 Allianz partners assistance team.
- When you book international travel with Orbit, you will now receive a Pre-Travel Advisory (PTA) by email from Healix for your destination if the location is rated as moderate, high or extreme risk. Please ensure that this messaging does not get caught in your spam filter; see attachment for an example of what the PTA looks like.
- A travel tracking and monitoring service has been implemented which will allow us to better support travellers impacted by delays, disruptions or disasters. For events that pose an imminent threat to life (level 4), Healix will contact Orbit-booked travellers to check status and offer support. Regardless of the threat level, UC travellers can contact Allianz partners if a local incident affects them.
It is not only high and extreme risk destinations that have posed a threat to international travel in recent years, there is also increasing evidence that popular lower risk destinations are being targeted by individuals or groups. These initiatives will support you while travelling and enable UC and Allianz partners to respond to your needs.
University Registrar | Pouroki