The 2019 H&S Training Schedule has been finalised and enrolments are now open for the H&S Core Training.
- Comprehensive First Aid (Unit Standards 06400, 06401, 06402) – If your role requires that you have First Aid Certification please enrol onto this course. Enrolments for General First Aiders are reviewed, and approved based on the level of cover per area. If you have several First Aiders in your area your enrolment may not be approved.
- First Aid Revalidation – If you are a First Aid Certificate holder please check you expiry date (can be found here), and book onto a corresponding Revalidation course. You have 3 months from the expiry of your certificate to revalidate, otherwise you will need to take the 2 day Comprehensive course.
- Field Activities Training – If your role requires you be a Field Activity Leader or Deputy Leader, you will need ensure that you have attended the Field Activity Training. If you have not attended the training in over 2 years, now would be a good time to refresh your training. Should anything happen on any Field Trip that you are leading the investigators will be looking at your training record to ensure that you have met your obligations.
- Fire Extinguisher and Evacuation Training – This course is relevant to all staff, particularly named Building and Floor wardens, but as important to any staff who work in areas that are ‘First to Armband’ such as teaching spaces. It is facilitated by Fire Fighting Pacific, and includes a practical Fire Extinguisher use, which increases your confidence to pick up an extinguisher and use it to clear your exit if needed.
- Risk Management – This course should be attended by all staff who identify, control, and monitor hazards and risks in their area of work (that is possibly everyone).
- Health and Safety Rep Training – Please contact Angie Willington for information relating to your H&S Rep training.
Please discuss your training requirements with your manager and complete any enrolments via UCPeople.
If you have any questions regarding enrolling in a course please contact email@example.com, or phone Marjorie Blake.