A seven-week toolkit has been developed to ensure new students get the information they need to successfully complete their first term at UC.
Starting on Monday all new students will receive a weekly email which will include information, advice and tips to help them settle into life at UC.
Information in the seven week toolkit includes:
- advice on lectures, labs and tutorials as well as study tips
- information about library services and the Academic Skills Centre
- asking for help and the student support services available at UC
- health and safety on campus
- getting involved at UC – UC Clubs day, UC Rec & Sport, UniLife, mentoring programmes
- expectations around student behaviour and conduct
- advice around the fear of failure.
The messaging has been structured to provide information to students when they need it, and is based on findings from previous UCount surveys and student feedback.