Learning Evaluation and Academic Development (LEAD; formerly Academic Services Group) have recently reviewed and revised the University’s survey policy.
The Student Community Online Survey Policy aims to protect against survey fatigue, and minimise overlap of data collected. It also helps to ensure compliance with ethics guidelines and privacy legislation. Additionally, student and survey data remains secure by use of the University’s Qualtrics survey software.
Key updates include:
- Simplification in procedure
- The policy applies only to Student Community; staff-based surveys are exempt
- Significant membership group applies to survey distributions greater than 200 individuals, down from 500
- The Survey Reference Group has been dissolved and replaced with a simple online screening tool
- Overall less restriction/bottlenecking for surveying
All parties interested in any student surveying should fill out their intentions in the online screening tool.
Please contact LEAD at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.