It’s true, winter is coming and bringing with it colder and darker days. If you are cycling in the dark take care of yourself and look out for others when you’re on your bike.
Cycling brings a lot of freedom, you can cycle on the road, cycle paths and take shortcuts. This all makes cyclists quite mysterious, and some might say, unpredictable which can make pedestrians and motorists nervous.
Be a considerate cyclist and take a look at the tips below.
Tips to cycling in winter
- Be seen – wear bright and reflective clothing.
- Light up – make sure you have working head and tail lights on your bike.
- Be predictable – use hand signals to let everyone know where you’re going.
- Take care – cycle carefully in shaded areas where there might be ice and when it’s wet.
- Wear your helmet – your brain is a valuable asset.
If you have more smart tips on cycle safety for winter, share them in the comments below.